Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Theory of Relativity !!


In a particular situation; dissatisfied, stationary or satisfied, the objective is not simply “The Goal”, however its the “Relative Goal “set by the competitive subject.

It’s always relative, Let me repeat, It’s always relative. Whatever we do, whatever we think, whatever we think we can do, is always relative. It’s relative to thyself, its relative to the past, it’s relative to the competition or it may be even relative to a dear friend’s performance.

Let’s see, I am going for a morning walk, a simple task, what do I do, I pick up my shoes, wear my tracks and get out of the house for a walk. Does it stop here, No! What I do is, I measure, ALWAYS, How much did I do yesterday or how much my neighbour is doing, how much that guy on TV said that a person of my age can/should do? What is it.. Relativity.  I could have simply done my bit and walked till I felt tired and stopped and gone home and slept, But No, I always measure. Keeda hai na !! Relativity ka Keeda !

Similarly, its appraisal time, all is done, everything completed, Letters are handed, and I get above market average and I am more than satisfied (Don’s get excited, Hypothetical situation:-P, Happy.. During Letter Distribution.. Ha.. U kidding me!!) and I move on, then a few weeks later, there comes the news that the guy who was with me, equally deserving, got 4 % more than what I got. Now.. The happy feeling is gone, I don’t look at any bloody reason i am just sad, all worked up and ready to go to the boss to fight (Again Hypothetical, you forgot ..HR’s Famous Non Disclosure Policy.. :-P). Why is that.. This is relativity; I was all fine till I got to compare my numbers with someone else.

Why is relativity becoming such an important part of our lives, Yes, the other name of relativity can be competition, however still, why do I have to compete, compete with anything in the similar domain. Why I can’t simply live my own life with its merits and demerits or whatever it has in store for me, Why do I have to say, I need a “Relatively” bigger car, as I very clearly know that that bigger car will also serve the same purpose as my current car?  Food for thought!!

1 comment:

  1. "Why I can’t simply live my own life with its merits and demerits or whatever it has in store for me" ?

    I ask - What are Merits? What are Demerits? How is a Merit different from a Demerit?

    Find an answer to these, and you have found all your answers :)

    ReplyDelete