Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Importance of “I Like You”…


We get so busy in our “I Love You” s that we forget the importance “I Like You” in our lives. Have you ever thought about it, that how many times do we actually use Like instead of Love in our conversations. In My Opinion, Love is a over hyped, over used, over said word which sometimes does not really convey the real meaning that we want to put forward. We use it so many times that we start saying it just for the heck of it.

We say I love you to our partner, parents, cousins, friends and many others and we say it so casually that it misses the mark many of the times. Do we actually love them all? Do we actually mean it ? Are we thinking about the actual feeling that “I Love You” will convey when its said just like that.  Food for thought.

Now comes the real question, I Like You, How many times have we ever told our partner that We like something which they did, Our Dearest friend that we Like what he/she has just done for us. Or simply that we like spending time with someone. Or a simple.. "I Like You".. Try it, It feels good, and it has a very clear meaning.

I believe that “I Like You” is much more powerful than I love you.  You might love your parents, your partner, your cousins but think about it, do you really like them too.. and do you like them all, the same way you like that one person with whom you spend most of your time. I am not even going into the relationships or marriage. It’s just the matter of conveying your message clearly.

 Try using the phrase and see the difference it brings to your life, your relationships. Again, it’s a food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment